Sunday, June 10, 2018

Reframe.

I have used this blog in the past as an outlet to discuss the joys and frustrations of losing weight, trying to lose weight, not losing weight, trying and not losing weight, and what can really only be classified as disordered or obsessive eating.

I'm a lot older now.

I've also gained a significant amount of weight, and learned a lot more about my body, myself, and how while they're intrinsically tied. I've learned to listen to what all parts of me might need, even when they're in conflict. 

I am worth so much more than the societal messages I hear about one or the other, and so are you.

So now I want this to be a space of acceptance.

Where I am now. Where I might go. And of course, letting go of the ridiculous idea that there is any sort of ideal body type.

I will be keeping tabs on my weight and measurements on MFP and sometimes on this site for quantitative and qualitative data reasons. I want to track my moods and sense of adventure, goal drive, ranger of emotion, and other important factors that make me me as I fluctuate - as I tend to do.

I want to see if there's a correlation there. My hunch is NOPE, but I do love data projects so it's all for the greater good.

So let's go.

No comments: