Monday, February 22, 2016

She's baaaaaaack....

It's funny how easy it is to let the weight creep back on. 

I'm exactly where I was the last time I came back to this blog to restart the habits I know help me reign things in. 174.4 pounds. That means I've gained back half of the weight I originally lost over the last 10 years. 

I still consider that a success. A lot of people struggle to keep the weight off for more than a year. 

I am struggling, but I think I've developed a much healthier relationship with food in the meantime, and that is incredibly valuable. 

I also quit smoking this year. I have 46 days of being smoke free under my belt, and with that, an extra 5 pounds. I can accept that. What I've gained in weight I've also gained in life, so... I still win. 


I came here to make some goals for myself. I often make goals that are bigger than what I can do. I rarely make those goals here. Here, in this blog, I make simple, basic goals that I can achieve to continue building my confidence and giving back to my body. 

Goals for the Week
  • Track all the food! Everything! It's ok if you go a million calories over what MFP says you can have in a day, just be accountable. Keep this data to look for patterns. Are there certain days that are more prone to over eating or binging than others? 
  • Move some more! I don't have a gym membership. I can't afford it and I don't have time. I ride my bike every day. I walk a lot at my job(s). I also sit a LOT during the day, and this is a factor I don't often appreciate. I need to figure out an intentional way to get more fitness in during the week. I am committed to doing 2 at home workouts over the next 7 days, just to get me started. 
  • Make a meal plan. This is something I've been doing for the past week as a way to stretch my grocery budget. I make the meal plan, I make all the food, and I stick to it. It does often mean that if something isn't up to par, I still have to eat it. Boring food often makes for a snacky Nic. Keep an eye on this. 

That's that. 

Any advice for someone intending to return with focus?  

No comments: