Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weighing In - 07/22/2014

Previous weight: 167.4
Today's weight: 167.4

This week's result: +/- 0.0lbs!

Hey, what's up, Maintenance? Nice to see you, old buddy!

Hooray! I'm proud of my lack of change this week, especially because I wasn't trying to lose. That's not so much the case this current week, but I DO have a birthday on Friday... so....

I'm on the serious track, so I can do a little indulging on my day. I'm trying to get back into weight loss mode, which means that treats are not something that come about every single day. They're reserved for special occasions, and they're intentional choices, not just something I do. Some weeks, like ones with special occasions, will be for maintenance. That's probably the case this week.

I've never been a huge Birthday Person, so having a birthday this week shouldn't throw me for too much of a loop. My family and I aren't too close, so there won't be a bunch of celebrating. We're doing a combo birthday/wedding anniversary dinner on Sunday for both me and my sister and brother-in-law, and I lucked out by having a reunion party scheduled on the night of my birthday, which will draw together a big group of friends for backyard karaoke, passively in honor of me without being in honor of me. That's my favorite way to be "in the spotlight," you know, by not being in it really at all.

The weather is supposed to be grand, so I'm trying to plan a few active outings. Maybe a trip to the beach while the sun is high, some inline skating, perhaps steal a dog and take to the river bluffs dog park for a hike. I'd love to get a mani/pedi, as that's something I treat myself to once or twice per year.

What sort of things do you like to do for yourself on your birthday that aren't cake related?




1 comment:

Sara Fit said...

Cake!