Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weighing In - 07/08/2014

Previous weight:  167.0
Today's weight:  167.4

This week's result: +0.4lbs

OK! I am where I am. I had an incredible weekend and managed to gain LESS THAN HALF A POUND. There were G&Ts, pie, cookies and fabulous home-cooked meals. I was active, but not forcibly so. These are great things.

However, I am still acutely aware that I am carrying more weight than I want to be hauling around, and as I keep getting older, that weight isn't settling in the areas where I want it to go. To make a long story short, I have a belly. I've really never had a belly before. Even at my highest weight, I wasn't a flappy belly sort of gal, but now that I'm in my 30s, things seem to be softening up. Oh metabolism, you little rascal.

This morning I got up, hopped on the scale, recorded my weight without judgement, had a cup of coffee and suited up to get outside and get some intentional exercise in. I decided to restart Couch to 5k via their helpful app, and after my 2+ miles were up, I switched over to the 7 Minute Workout. Even though this was all accomplished in less than an hour, I still felt like a rockstar for getting up, getting out and moving. I washed my sheets and towels, folded them outside in the sun, and enjoyed a leisurely and well deserved shower.

Today I'm celebrating TWO 7 minute workout days, my awesomely motivated morning, iced coffee treat, and an evening at my new job making money and new friends.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get up and do it all over again. While c25k means "off-days," tomorrow I can do stair runs on the Greenway for cardio, my 7 minute workout, and if I'm still feeling motivated - a supersets strength training workout. Thursday's workout will be a bike ride and an outdoor disco dance party with my boys. A good week ahead!


No comments: