Monday, June 30, 2014

ALL the changes.

Wow. While it's not necessarily out of the ordinary for me to drop off the face of the planet this blog for small periods of time, this particular dropping off was fueled by the entrance of a new schedule.

I picked up another job for the summer, and I've been training for the past 2 weeks, which basically means I've worked every single day, for 14 days, some days involving both jobs. All of this has been a whirlwind of weirdness, and it's even managed to throw off my biological schedule.

I've gained some weight, I think. My menstrual cycle is off by 4 days (but definitely not pregnant, guys), and I'm sleeping more or less, depending on how you look at it.

However, now that the newness is dying down, hours are being rolled back a bit, and the sun is shining, it's time to get back on track and get in (some sort of) shape.

My goal for this week is simply to track all my food. Summer is a time of mindless snacking. Often, these easily reachable snacks are safe volume foods like watermelon (yum!) and strawberries. Other times, it's cheese and crackers at an outdoor picnic. Even more often, it's white wine and various summer beers. There's nothing inherently wrong with any of those things, but if you aren't mindful of what you're consuming, there's a tendency to go overboard.

Bonus points will be awarded (to me, by me) for any intentional exercise outside of riding my bike. I plan to play with my Teemo app while I'm feeling motivated for small bouts of exercise, and I'd really like to make time to get to the gym. We are, however, headed out of town for a long weekend. I'll have 3 days off in a row! There will be swimming, paddle boarding and many unscheduled walks - and therefore, many rewards! I'll take my bonus points in the form of smooches with my Manpanion, sleeping as late as I want, and board games.

I'm going to try to note the things that keep my motivated this week, in order to call back upon them when I fall into a slump in the future.

What drives your motivation when you return to the game?

No comments: