Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Doing Things.

In an effort to be less isolated this Winter, I've been attempting to set myself up with some new groups, hobbies and classes.

Last night, I took a bike overhaul class at a local bike/walk center. I met some really neat folks and I'll be going for the next 3 Tuesdays to learn a few things about my various bikes. Last night's introduction was just a refresher for me, teaching people how to change or patch a tube (something I've done 8 billion times and have even won a prize for my speediness at Tour de Fat) and then we worked on doing a hub overhaul. I'd never done that, and I wasn't able to get to my own bike's hubs, but I did observe and assist on a front hub, which was fascinating.

I've also been having a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym as of late. I don't think I made it once during November thus far. I also hadn't been working out because, y'know, I bike and walk everywhere. That changed today when I took fate into my own hands and tried an Internet workout video for the FIRST TIME EVER.

Can you believe that? I've never worked out with my laptop. It was awesome!

Here's the video I tried. I loved it. I will be working out with her again soon!


Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm not expecting anything. We had a weekend away with my family for an Early Thanksgiving Celebration. We were in the woods and didn't take much time to walk, and we drove so I didn't get any bike rides in. I was relatively sedentary and I ate A LOT. I also drank a lot. Hey, it's the Holidays. I've cut myself some slack and released all guilt about it.

But, I don't expect a loss and I'm already prepared for a gain.

Time to shower away the thin layer of sweat from my Barre workout!

Have you ever worked out with your laptop? What are some of your favorite workout videos that I can find online?

No comments: