Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Month Lost.

Well hello there.

I have made absolutely no progress since I last posted, which seems to be the theme of the last few years.

I think I'm finally starting to accept that I am VERY MUCH in maintenance mode. I just don't have the time or the energy to plan, and because of that, I can't be upset that I'm not making progress in the downward direction. I could make time, but I think that'd be stressful and painful, and then would I be happy with the results? Is a smaller number on the scale really worth putting myself out right now?

Nope.

I'm kind of growing into this accepting place. I've been using My Fitness Pal for some time now, and it's definitely fun to track all my activity through Endomondo and have it show up in the app for me as calories I can eat... but I do eat them. All of them, and more, every time.

Between this semester coming to a close and the Holidays approaching, I'm ravenous. I'm stress eating, but also I'm human-powered transportation 100% of the time now. I'm walking and biking EVERY WHERE, and I've been really hungry as a result.

My current solution has been to turn to freezer meals like Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine to assist with portion control and the reality that I get home and I'm already starving, and I just need something... like, now.

I've gained about 2 pounds over the past month, but that's an easy number to flux, I think.

I'm so very excited for Holiday break on campus, because I am going to reinstate my gym routine, which is now more than a month absent.

It is officially time to get back on track.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I keep having this internal battle over whether to lose more or not. Overwhelmingly though, it boils down to not wanting to really work that hard for it. Maintenance is nicer and makes life more pleasant for me :). MFP is great. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like (campi_mama). Keep plugging along!