Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weighing In - 10/17/2013

Confusion, friends.

I have been tracking for 10 days straight with My Fitness Pal and consistently coming in below my goal after my fitness calories have been added to it.

This week, I gained 2 pounds.

Excuses aside, it was a strange month, and I'm having some lady issues that have been recurring every few months that we now believe to be indicative of PCOS: Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, which basically encourages weight gain to begin with.

I feel like I truly am trying and I'm not losing weight, just slightly gaining all the time, enough to completely thwart my efforts.

I'm going to keep tracking, because I think keeping an eye on what I'm eating is really important, but I'm also going to mope a little, because 10 days of meal plans and exercise packed on another 2 pounds. I could have definitely used the rest and relaxation I gave up to work harder.

I've contacted my OB/GYN and we're going to move forward from this, but that doesn't mean it will help my weight gain this year.

Oh, bodies. You are so mysterious.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I have PCOS as well. I have found that I can lose weight - it is harder but the best thing for me is to avoid carbs. The carbs stick to my middle like non other (which is why I'm currently sporting an inner-tube!).

Good luck figuring it all out!