This week, I started tracking with My Fitness Pal. I had intended to double track between this app and my Weight Watchers app, but that became annoying really quickly. Since I've been a Weight Watcher for a decade, I thought maybe I'd give something else my undivided attention for a bit... plus, it's FREE.
What I love:
- It's FREE!
- SO MUCH NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION with MFP. I can see Calories, Fat, Sodium, ETC. I can track it all and see where I'm over-consuming and what needs to get reigned in. It's designed to teach you, and it makes sense. PointsPlus don't make sense. (To be fair, points used to make sense.)
- Reasonable and explained caloric goals based on height/weight/activity level and age.
- I can connect MFP to other fitness apps that I use (like Endomondo!) to track activity.
- MFP recognizes spelling errors. That's one of the WW application's HUGE downfalls in my opinion.
- MFP also has a GIANT database of prepared foods. I was able to find absolutely every branded food I searched for this week in only one attempt. WW can't even compare on that front.