Thursday, July 4, 2013

Weighing In - 7/04/2013

Previous weight:  152.8
Today's weight:  154.4

This week's results: +1.6lbs

Just as suspected, this week didn't turn out as well as the previous weeks have. I drank a little more. I ate a little more. I slacked on my workouts. It was just an off-week. It wasn't an off-week because I'm not tracking, it was an off-week because it was an off-week. I was distracted. I had some emotional trauma to work through. 

The highlights of this week, however, were getting to spend a lot of time in the sun, both at the job I hate, and also at the beach on my one day off this week. I didn't make very much money, but I did win over some co-workers that had previously been snobby and distant. I made an impression on a manager who has taken me under her wing and given me better shifts, so I can smell the possibility of possibly making some money sometime soon. Someone complimented my hair on what I thought was the worst hair day of the week. I started a book in the morning of that one day off and had finished it by bed time. 

My mother gave me an ancient spin bike that weighs about 700 pounds, and I've been riding it almost every time I feel compelled to watch TV, which makes me feel that I earn my brain laziness with body activity. 

Today is the fourth of July. Independence Day. 

I work this morning at the job I hate, and it is supposed to be very sunny. We are one of the only restaurants in the area that will be open, and there are only two of us scheduled with most of the city having the day off from work. Those who are not out of town "at the cabin" (as we Midwesterners say), will likely stop in for lunch or a beer before their respective BBQs. 

When I'm off work later this afternoon, I'll head out to my dad's annual BBQ/POOL party. I will likely overeat and drink too much, and that's ok. I work every day in a row for 6 days, and I will be on good behavior this week because of that regimented schedule. 

I'm not worried about it. I'm not stressed, and I'm not beating myself up over a gain. I expected it, it's a natural fluctuation, and all in all I am aware and active and things will right themselves. 

Happy 4th!




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love your attitude. Have fun at the BBQ today. We're off to a party this afternoon as well. I haven't decided whether I'll be drinking or not, since hubby definitely is. We'll see how I feel.
Happy 4th!