Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Flailing and other downfalls.

Today is my first day actually tracking, and I'm only about 4 hours into it.

I've really been slacking lately, as I touched in my last post. I've gone soft, both on my eating habits and quite literally in my chub.

I've been back at the gym, sweating it out, though that doesn't count for too much since I can sweat it out just standing around right now, since it's 95 degrees and 95% humidity here. The air is hot, and wet and heavy.

I cranked out 30 minutes on the spin bike with my intervals playlist, which cycles between a slower RPM on a higher resistance gear and a super speed RPM on a lower resistance gear for the allotted time. Music really fuels my workouts and I love creating the playlists to keep it feeling fresh and inspiring.

After the bike ride where even my ARMS got sweaty, I spent a little time in the weight area working on arms and cycling through squats, lunges and glute bridges. I was done in an hour and burned 412 calories.

Burning calories used to be so much easier when I was really overweight. I could workout for an hour and burn 1200 calories, which I resent some times, but then I take a lot of glory away from the fact that my body is running more efficiently now. A fact that I need to remember when I'm overeating. It's like overfilling your gas tank, it just spills out... in rolls... over the top of my jeans.

My goals for this week, starting today even though my WW week starts tomorrow, are just to track. Just keep on tracking. Good and bad, track it all. Stop with the denial and get back on track.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Just keep at it. It's not easy, but eventually you'll hit that tipping point and being "back on track 100%" will happen.