Thursday, June 20, 2013

Weighing In - 6/20/2013

Previous Weight: 154.6
Today's Weight: 153.4

This week's results: -1.2lbs!

I did nothing this week. I didn't track a bite. I didn't even try to listen to my body. I worked out a little less because I had other things to do, and mostly, I just didn't make FOOD the main event of my entire week like I always do when I'm focusing on weight loss.

And it worked.

And I ate pizza. And I ate birthday cake. And I went out and played with my family.

Swinging. 

Flew kites.

We built a cargo net for the playground in the backyard. We drew the whole thing out to scale in coordinated sidewalk chalk and did all the math right there. We're awesome. 


Emotionally, it was a hard week, and this week will be no different. I'm not really digging on my new second job. It's never busy, I don't make any money, and I don't have much in common with the other folks who work there - or at least that I've found so far. Being unhappy with this job makes me desperate for really good things in the other areas of my life, which is leading to a lot of disappointment across the board. It was just a hard week. Hopefully I'm able to start turning things around.


1 comment:

Missy said...

Oy. Emotionally hard weeks take a toll. Great loss though... Hope this week goes better!

Some day we should email about the challenges of dating someone with a child. You seem to do it so well...and I continue to struggle with it!