Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Checking In: 6/12/2013

This morning I had my annual physical. I am perfectly healthy according to every single test, except of course the BMI scale where I'm still "Overweight." That's not news to me, but I'm starting to wonder if I can ever, really, REALISTICALLY make it into a "healthy weight" category.

I mean, I've lost and kept off 45 pounds, but I can't seem to budge past that point. The women in my immediate and extended family (4 total) have had gastric bypass, meaning we are predisposed to obesity, and I'm the only one who's kept the weight off through sheer determination and not by having my stomach sewn into a tiny pouch.

I'm exercising daily, and have been doing so for the past 6 months, and still I'm in the 150s, hovering around the same weight week in and week out.

I don't want to settle, but I don't know that I can try any harder than this and commit to it for life.

I'm not fat. I'm not unhealthy.

Maybe this is just ok? Maybe I just stay here and focus on stamina and increasing my strength and health? Maybe the new goal is just NOT TO GAIN ANY WEIGHT?

I weighed 157 at the doctor's office. That's with all my clothes on, so I'm interested to see what tomorrow's weigh in will say. I've been tracking every morsel this week, and I've had a particularly active one as well.

I had Monday off, and I dragged Manpanion to Bikram yoga. We biked there on the first nice day that MN has seen in weeks, sweat through 90 minutes of the practice, and then biked off to play mini-golf in the Sculpture Garden. We continued our bike adventures else where and basically moved the entire day. It was completely ideal, and I wish I had the time to do things like this every day, but alas... I must work.

<3 p="">

I've eaten almost every point available to me this week. I have 7 weekly points left, after having earned 53 activity points. I almost always see a gain when I eat all the points, but I'm a hungry girl. I've made very smart choices all week. I've eaten clean. I had ONE treat while out to dinner with a girlfriend. Everything else has been protein, fruit or veggie.

Let's see if it makes a difference. 

1 comment:

Missy said...

That's tough! You're perfectly healthy and you look great. Maybe the focus doesn't need to be weight loss...?

I've been wanting to check out the sculpture garden mini-golf!

A maintain is always better than a gain... even though it is pretty frustrating.