Monday, March 18, 2013

Post-weekend Check In - 03/18/2013

Howdy! Happy Monday!

It's snowed about 3" in the past 3 hours here in MN, and I watched it fly down from the sky from the safety of the giant windows at the gym. I cranked out 45 minutes of cardio this morning between the elliptical and treadmill.

This AM's breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal with thawed frozen berries and a tablespoon of Qi'a, which I bought at the coop yesterday because I'd never seen the bag before, it was on sale, and I was shopping while hungry.

Nature's Path makes a lot of other foods that I love, so I figured I'd give it a shot as a way to boost my oatmeal and smoothies since I keep reading about all the awesome ways chia is supposed to improve your life. According to their website, "This power trio of seeds and grains is full of plant-based protein, fiber and Omega 3s." Sounds like a plan!

It adds a nice earthy, nutty flavor to my plain oats and I'm a fan.

Since I'm not much of a drinker, nor am I much of an Irish person, I didn't do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I never do. I'm too old, too annoyed with people looking for an excuse to binge drink, and I just spent the day getting all the things done that needed to get done. But, not without an afternoon play date at the bowling alley with the Manpanion and the kids. I broke 100, barely, and I was super proud because I SUCK AT BOWLING.

I brought my own snack so that I could keep things in check while the boys ordered sweet potato fries and other appetizers.

Speaking of keeping things in check, I'm doing pretty well this week. Here's the rundown so far:


My week starts on Thursday, and I've already earned 41 APs after today's gym trip. I also work an 8 hour shift, which will get me work steps (usually around 8 APs on a Monday) and then tonight we're going SQUARE DANCING! Our every-other-Monday tradition. That's almost always good for about 10 APs with my heart rate monitor and it is SO FUN. 

I've been staying OP and having a lot of fun trying to come up with new and healthy meals that are easy for me to prepare and taste amazing like this Raw Pad Thai I made last night. 

How's your week so far? 

1 comment:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I SUCK AT BOWLING TOO! lol
I get annoyed by the St. Patty's celebrations as well. My husband and I enjoy corn beef, so we made one yesterday, but that's the extent of our "Irish" tradition.
Have a great week!