Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weighing In - 01/03/2013




Previous weight: 156.6
Today's weight:  155.8

This week's results: -0.8lbs
I barely tracked this week. I popped in here or there to record some things, but mostly fell off the face of the WW planet. 
Seeing a (small) bit of resulting loss has me feeling that tracking is stressing me out a bit at this time of the year. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Weight Watchers is a fabulous program, and it's helped me lose weight numerous times, but when I am participating in the program, I think about food ALL THE TIME. 

ALL. 
THE.
TIME.
I wonder what I'll have for my next meal, how many points I'll use, how many points I have left and how hard I'm going to have to work to even out the guilt. I don't want to feel guilty about food, but I do want to lose weight. 
Part of my New Year's Resolution(s) is to get more comfortable with food. I don't think I'll ever reach the point (being that I live in America, land of the guilt-ridden everything) where I don't feel a twang of guilt for overeating, I would like to worry less about where my next meal is coming from, because I'm obviously never going to starve to death. 
Part of that resolution is simply to cook at home more. Simple. I don't really use butter, and I know how much oil I'm putting in anything I make at home. When I make my own food, I always have control, and I have 10 years of knowledge from healthy eating routines to fall back on. If I don't buy something unhealthy, I won't eat it, and I'll save big money to boot. 
So, I'm ringing in 2013 with a small loss, which I'll celebrate. 
I'll continue to meet my GymPact goal of getting to the gym 3x a week, which I've been exceeding two-fold for the past 5 weeks. I'll continue to monitor my hunger and try to eat only when I'm hungry, and allow myself treats whenever I feel it's truly worth it (which is pretty often, let's be honest). I won't fret over the scale, I'll keep my eyes in the mirror where I continually see new muscles taking shape and old lumps smoothing out. 
And I'll smile more.