Previous weight: 158.0
This week's results: -0.8lbs
- Working in Cardio again. Part of NRL4W is that you're supposed to only lift. No cardio until the 2nd stage when you start working in HIIT (high intensity interval training). Well, fuck that. Excuse me. I'm sure these guys are experts, but I am an expert in ME, and I need some cardio to maintain my mental health. Now that I've completed a 3rd lifting session and my muscles don't feel quite as abused, I feel confident I can fit in some light cardio on my in-between days. It's time to ramp it up.
- MEALS at work. I usually bring a lunchbox full of snacks to work. Let me preface this by saying I work from 11:30a-8pm, 3 days a week. I have to leave for work at 10:40am to get there on time [because I have to go through Airport security, just like everyone else. Though a shorter line]. That's a long time that I go just snacking on things, and while I think having the snacks is important because SOMETIMES it keeps me out of the french fry bowl, I bet if I actually ATE a meal, I wouldn't feel the need to snack as much. So, I need to figure out and pack some high protein meals for my work shifts. They cannot involve liquids (which includes yogurt and cottage cheese and stuff), and we do not have a microwave, so I'll need to get creative.
- Maturity and Patience. Being a grown up is weird. You have to take a lifetime's worth of lessons and apply them to or against who you want to be now that you get to decide for yourself. It's difficult if you were raised in a way you don't agree with, and perhaps you're also trying to love someone in a way you've never been loved before. My emotional intelligence is growing, and I'm having to mature and admit I'm wrong ALL THE TIME. And I am wrong a lot of the time, and that's ok. I don't know how to navigate life holding hands with someone healthfully in a way that we both want. Compromise. Adult relationships. Love in stressful times. It'd be easy to fall into a trap of saying "THIS IS TOO HARD!" just like with diet and exercise. But is it worth it? Hell yes. Would I rather just get my way all the time? Hell yes. Is that reasonable? Nope.
- Strength Training. Keeping up with my NRL4W workouts! They're so challenging! It feels great to really put my muscles to work again. It's been a while since I pushed myself so hard.
- Positive Self-Talk. I still love this goal.
Alright. I've reviewed the week. I've set a few goals. I'm still riding the high of luck to have not gained this week, and I'm excited with the prospect of playing with my points a bit. It's going to need to be a week of tuning in to my body, like... really listening. If I'm actually hungry, I'll eat after I drink a big glass of water to be sure.
It sounds like my volunteering to work on Thanksgiving is a go, which helps me to not consume MASS AMOUNTS of food. But it also sounds like my mom thinks me working on Thanksgiving is the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone, so she'll be making me a personal Thanksgiving dinner, which means an entire turkey for the two of us to split (!?!???!) and all the trimmings, so I guess I'll still get to have my big ol' day after sandwich after all. Oh moms. They step in to help at the silliest times.