Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday + Gratitude = Satitude.

I love Saturdays.

I love Saturdays SO much.

My current semester of school has me working Wednesday-Friday. On Fridays, I usually close, which means I work late. Monday through Friday is completely dedicated to class, homework, review and all-around schoolwork, with those additional three days dedicated to being smiley, happy, and helpful enough to get hopeful 20% tips to pay for the rest of my life.

Saturdays are mine.

Every week is usually the same. I wake up when I wake up. No alarms allowed. I drink a bunch of coffee, quietly, with a delightful soundtrack. I make myself breakfast and then lace up my sneakers and head over to the YWCA for my FAVORITE Zumba class. The largest, most diverse group of women that I get the chance to hang out with on a regular basis. I bounce and swing and laugh and smile my way through an hour of dance cardio and then I... do whatever else I want to. No plans. No dictation.

This particular Saturday begins that way, followed by a day date with Manpanion. There are some holiday gift/craft fairs going on in Minneapolis today, so we'll be biking around on this sunny beautiful day to hit up all of those, get a little christmas shopping done, and enjoy each other's company while fitting in some activity.

The original plan called for a brunch together after our respective solo active mornings. I'll be at Zumba (of course) and he'll be climbing rocks at Vertical Endeavors, where he is a member. However, last night, as I was swooning over the previous night's low-point dinner, I realized that I'm not really working to work on the plan. I'm just trying to make the plan fit into what I'm already doing, and that's working a little as well. But I know how to maintain. That's obvious. I've been doing it for years.

I want to be losing.

So, I nixed the brunch plan, opting to make myself a point-friendly lunch at home before we meet up for the day. I'm going to treat myself to a soy latte for our mid-shopping break.

I'm proud of the decision to take back what I need. Paul is, of course, extremely supportive of this. Plus, we'll save a little cash! BONUS.

I'm having a mini-wake up call. I am trying, but I should be trying HARDER. Especially now that I'm doing less and less cardio because of the New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Speaking of NRL4W, I look hot. Seriously. It's only been 2 weeks, but I am already noticing some differences, and I can't wait until it's been a month so I can take some measurements and see if I'm just making this up or not. It won't matter, either way. I am feeling strong and indulging in the strength of my body, feeling good about what it can do and how it looks while it's doing it.

Isn't that the whole point?

HAPPY SATURDAY!

No comments: