Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Salvage.

I'm going to come in well under my daily target today, which is a good thing when I've eaten myself into a hole.

I ran to the coop today to grab some staples. I stocked up on fresh veggies (like I said I would), grabbed some fruit, some nuts, and a bag of muesli for breakfasts. I cooked up the last of my scottish oats and portioned those out for breakfast or a quick snack, and tonight's dinner is an experiment gone right, and for that I'm thankful.

I coated brussels sprouts (from the garden! The last of the harvest) in mustard and a bit of maple syrup and roasted them in my cast iron skillet.



Then I adapted this recipe from potatoes to cauliflower, changing a few other things along the way. I used gruyere cheese as my full fat option, and it turned out amazing. 



and that's DINNER. 



I'm feeling delightfully prepared for the week, what with having cooked up the meals on Monday, replenished snacks today, and all around had an extra couple days to work on homework at a snail's pace and get some odd-jobs done. All weekends should be 4 days long.

Tomorrow is another shot at Stage 1: Workout A for New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'll be interested to see HOW sore I get the second time around. I'm still waddling around from Workout B on Monday.

What did you make for dinner?

No comments: