Monday, November 26, 2012

Return to routine.

Man I love the weekdays. Everything feels relatively predictable and I have the desire to prepare my own food.

I've been back on track since Sunday yesterday when I was stressing about it. I've been to the gym every day for 12 days (sans Thanksgiving, but I did get out for a run), and I've maintained my 10 weekly points and even added a few to the mix with activity.

Today I was craving greens hardcore, so I made myself this for dinner:

I even used a BIG DINNER PLATE, which I rarely touch. I generally use the salad plates to keep portions in check, but I was having SO MANY GREENS that I needed a bigger plate. I sauteed some kale and mixed up a salad, roasted half an acorn squash (with a little EVOO and brown sugar) and because I was craving carbs all day, I decided to give in with a Rudi's english muffin (with flax seed) and splurge on a small pat of butter since I also rarely eat that. 

Exactly what I wanted, which feels great. 

I only have TWO workouts left of Stage 1 for the New Rules of Lifting for Women!! I'll knockout one of them in the morning and then hit the gym on Thursday morning for the last. 

I'm extra excited about this because I really really really want to re-take my measurements. I'm positive there's been some differences, but I've been staying away from the measuring tape until I finish Stage 1. Even if they're small losses in inches, I'm still super proud that I've stuck with this program. I am getting stronger every day, and that's an accomplishment in and of itself. 

What about you? Are you happy to be back in the routine of things? 

No comments: