Monday, November 12, 2012

'Merica.

It's Veteran's Day. I know many many people feel many different strong opinions on military. I know I do, and I know how I feel. I am, however, extremely grateful to those who have served our country. I love it here.

In the air of gratitude, here are some things I love today:


  • New Rules of Lifting for Women S1:WB. Much easier than Workout A. Completed my first workout B this morning. 3 more to go. 
  • Cucumber slices in my fridge water. 
  • SNOW! There is snow everywhere here in MN. It's not a lot of snow, but a little ground coverage and everything is bright and white and gorgeous. 
  • Beef stew. It's simmering on the stove right now. 
  • Beets. They're in the beef stew. 
  • My Manpanion. We had a beautiful weekend that was spent almost 100% in each other's company. That rarely happens for more than 12 hours at a time. 
  • Music. and Spotify for bringing me more and more music all the time. 
  • Clean towels. 
  • Clean floors. 
  • Hot baths to soak my sore (but STRONGER) muscles. 
I hope you're using the holiday well if you're lucky enough to have it off. I am cooking for the week, and I've already sliced off part of my thumb on my new mandolin. I usually have class on Mondays, so I'm getting ahead in both of those disciplines and typing up a paper that's due later this week. 

The radio is blaring, there's cold cucumber water, and all around everything is wonderful. 

What are you up to today?

No comments: