Friday, November 16, 2012

Manpanion Power.

Yesterday, whilst mid-way through a 9.5 hour shift on my feet, Paul surprised me by answering my text requesting his sleepover company by responding that he'd been preemptive and packed some clothes in hopes we'd make that happen. 

I generally don't get home until 9pm on Thursdays, and generally want to go straight to bed. This particular Thursday was Give to the Max Day, in which I got up at 4am to give away all my money to different organizations every hour before I left for work. Because I was up at 4am, I had eaten a fair amount in the "Morning" portion of my tracker, and perhaps consumed over 2 pots of coffee. 

I had 4 points left for dinner after the lunch I packed myself for work. Paul, lovely Manpanion that he is, offered to pick up some supplies for dinner. I let him know I was screwed for points and would probably end up just having a salad. NEVER FEAR, he says, and swoops in with a delightfully filling 5 point dinner. 

Broiled tilapia, garlic mashed squash//carrots, mustard brussels sprouts and some radish slices. 

Oh, and a 1 point dessert of mashed frozen bananas with a little cinnamon and tofu mixed in for extra protein. 

I earned 6 APs at work for all my steps, so I actually ended the day completely OP, which RULES. If you're confused by that math, it's because I cracked open a bottle of Angry Orchard hard cider and drank half of it and forced the other half on Manpanion because I didn't want to spend the points on all of it. 

It was completely lovely to come home after work to a hot cooked meal, lovingly prepared by someone who supports my goals. 

Cheers to love, Manpanions and partners of all sorts. 

1 comment:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Aww, what a nice guy! That's awesome :)