Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Excellent.

It's Tuesday and I haven't touched my weekly points allowance yet. Save for going nutso either today or tomorrow, I may have had a totally OP week without dipping into them, only grabbing at Activity Points.

Speaking of activity, I'm getting pretty close to the end of my first stage of New Rules of Lifting for Women. When I return for a lifting workout on Friday, I'll have to bump everything up a set, which should prove extremely difficult, but also extremely awesome.

I have 4 more workouts until I take a break before Stage 2, which I haven't even looked at yet and am, frankly, a little scared to.

Last night, I did as I said and made the Cauliflower Pizza Bites from Pinterest that I was talking about. I had myself a little "junk food" night.

The bites turned out deliciously, and EXTREMELY low-point with my mini version of the recipe, to which I added some low-fat WI cheddar. That whole plate was right around 5 points for pretend-greasy-deliciousness. And of course, a soda to replace the beer I really wanted to have. I very rarely drink soda, so that's also a special treat. 

I'm still getting reeled up for Thanksgiving day. I'm going to head out for a run in the morning and go until I just can't go anymore, even if that means I need to take a cab home, which hopefully isn't the case. I have my route mapped out already to do 6 miles, which is about 6x more than I've done in the past few months. I'm wholly prepared to walk at least half of it, and I'm pleased to do so. It's supposed to be 61 degrees! In late November! In Minnesota! I love it!

Today is a day for catching up on homework: reading, a worksheet and writing a paper on ethical practices. I fully intend to work on all of this in the sunny window of one of my favorite local coffee shops while sipping an iced soy latte. Yum!

What is your favorite healthy-version "junk food?"



No comments: