Sunday, November 25, 2012

Check yo' self.

Aye.

This weekend has spiraled into a hellacious fail. Thanksgiving was certainly a catalyst, but it was yesterday, Saturday, that set the whole thing off on a downward spiral.

You see, I often go weeks or months without seeing my best friend who only lives about 4 miles away. Again, with the stressful busy schedule keeping me from people I love and want to see. We finally made plans to get together yesterday for a Bloody Brunch, one of our favored traditions. I was supposed to save some points, you know... plan for this thing I knew was going to happen, but I didn't. Instead I spent the morning eating healthful but calorie dense foods (greek yogurt + muesli, 6 points+, raisin bran and milk at Paul's which was 7 points+, and in my haze of reaching for non-vegetable based foods, I also stuffed a mini-bag of SmartPuffs in my mouth while I worked on a research paper, another 2 points+.) At this point, I barely had points left for dinner, let alone a bloody mary. But I had one anyway, and followed it up with a 10oz beer.

In the red, pre-dinner, which was scheduled to be a repeat of Thanksgiving, this time with my boy's Paul and Oro.

I ate the dinner anyway, and washed it down with 2 glasses of wine.

Now, it's Sunday and I only have 10 weekly points left. That's rough.

Luckily, Manpanion made breakfast this morning which saved me from reaching for something convenient and... calorie-dense. He whipped up an egg white omelet with leftover turkey, red peppers, onions and garlic. I drizzled some sriracha sauce on there and cut up and apple and I was good to go for a healthy, low point but protein-rich meal. THANK YOU MANPANION. You've saved the day.

In an effort to turn things around, I'm sorting out my own fridge today, looking for healthful combinations of reinvented Thanksgiving leftovers. I'm thinking I'll make little potato patties (of mashed potatoes) with some cranberry and turkey on top for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'll roast some brussels sprouts and have that with turkey as well while I simmer up the turkey bones into a delicious stock and brew up some turkey vegetable soup. On Tuesday I'll use up the last of the stuffing in an egg bake, and make myself a turkey sandwich. Hopefully that will get rid of everything I didn't already freeze, and provide enough moderation that I stick to my daily target each day.

I am heading to the gym this afternoon for my second to last Workout B of Stage 1 in the New Rules of Lifting for Women. This is the first time I'm adding the extra set onto Workout B, which is the one with lunges. I hate lunges. They are painful and tire me out quickly, so that will be quite the challenge. However, I'm going to also take my time and focus on form, which should burn a few extra calories.

Tonight I'm planning to take it easy, spend the night in doing laundry and possibly cuddle up with a blanket on the couch and take in a movie.

What did you do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Reinvent them? Throw them away?

1 comment:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

We didn't bring anything home except some turkey and a few rolls. My oldest scarfed down the rolls already, and I love me some turkey :) Have a great rest of the week!