Thursday, October 18, 2012

Weighing In - 10/18/2012


Previous weight: 159.0

Today's weight:  159.0

This week's results: +/- wash.

Hey, I'll take it! It was a weird week, and I suspect I actually lost and did myself in with yesterday's salty antics.

My Tracker for the week:


Thursday I came in at a perfect 26 points+. That's my daily target, that's where I should try to stick around. In addition to a great eating day, I also earned 14 Activity Points. A DAMN GOOD DAY. Friday did not go as well. While I earned 7 APs, I got into a bit of a snack zone, and then I ate half a loaf  some baguette bread at work. However, I swapped all 7 APs and used 1 more from the previous day which had been banked away, so not too shabby there! Saturday. Oh Saturday. I had a great workout at Zumba, earning 6 APs and the first half of the day went very well. I had a low point breakfast and a low point lunch, but ran into a snag when I unwittingly attended a pizza party that I thought was just going to be snack based. I made kale chips to share, and I made some of my PB2 popcorn, but I just couldn't resist the pizza and I used 16 points on it. WHOOPS. 
Sunday was our trip to the apple orchard. I think we all misjudged how long we'd be there, and so I had to eat lunch on the orchard out of necessity. I chose to get a hot dog and tossed the bun, but snacked on some Sun Chips as well because the nutirtional info was readily available on the little bag. I had a very unfilling 9 point lunch. Later that night, we made that delicious squash pizza which ended up being on the higher points side and we also made a delicious roasted apple + ice cream dessert. An indulgent day all around with limited activity to counter it. 
Monday ended up being a pretty OP day! Monday is a very routine day for me, where I have class almost all day, and then I typically grocery shop and prepare a good meal. That's what happened there. We went square dancing in the evening and I wore my HRM to the event for the first time ever. I paused it whenever we were not actively engaged in a dance and it netted me 6 APs! I like Mondays. Tuesday I had a great workout in the AM, stayed on track through lunch and had an emotional upset that sent me into a binge spiral. I ate a bunch of weird stuff and tracked it all, but I definitely regret that happening. It's been many many (many) years, and I'll still throw a temper tantrum silently by stuffing my face. I felt ill afterwards. And then on Wednesday I had to sample a whole bunch of stuff from our new menu at work. When I say "had to," I truly mean that. We take food pretty seriously and knowing the ins and outs of the menu is integral to my service providing. That added up REALLY REALLY fast, and I wasn't even hungry when I got home. No dinner needed. 

So, I swapped ALL of my activity points for the week and dipped 9 points into the Weekly bank. 
I celebrate the 50 APs I earned. I worked hard and moved my body often. 
I celebrate the 2 totally amazing (Thursday and Monday) OP days I had. 
I celebrate tracking every morsel of my babyish binge on Tuesday. 

This week I am going to focus on...
  • Not eating french fries at work. Again. Again. AGAIN. 
  • Morning Workouts.  Again. I've been having a fantastic time making new playlists for self-motivated activity like walking, running, cycling and step-milling. When I can move to a cadence or a beat, I am way more effective and into my workout. 
  • Get more sleep. This is still an issue, though I definitely did make a conscious effort to log more ZZZzzzs this week and it worked. I'm not sure it gave me more energy, but my mind felt a bit sharper. 
  • Drinking my water. I'm typically pretty good about this, but I've been falling behind as the weather gets colder. I always have a water bottle with me, I just need to remember to actually drink it. 
  • Keeping TOM in check. It's that time again, and I haven't made my trip to stock up on volume snacks to keep me safe. I'll be doing that tomorrow after my morning workout. 
Maybe, just maybe, the scale will move down a bit next week. Do any of you have secrets for staying on track/losing during TOM? I'd love to hear. 

3 comments:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Good job analyzing and coming up with solutions for the "next time".
TOM is approaching for me too, I'm finding that the "cleaner" I eat the rest of the month, the easier my PMS symptoms are. Exercising is also a big component. Just getting out for an easy walk helps stave off food issues.

nic said...

How do you motivate yourself to get out for a walk? It's so clammy and rainy and chilly here! SO MUCH EASIER to cuddle up in bed.

Sunny said...

maintaining is way better than gaining!! :) i love making kale chips, they're so good!