Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gray Day Snacks.

It's not super sunny in Minneapolis today, but it's not very cold either. We had a day like this on Saturday, and I got a little snacky, as I often do.

I wanted salt, but any salt would do. However, salty snacks tend to be loaded with starchy carbs, so I pulled out my bunch of kale that was getting limp and tore that sucker up. I mixed the pieces with a little olive oil and a couple cracks of rock salt.


I transferred the pieces to 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (for easy clean up and less probability of burning my beautiful kale) and baked them at 310 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.


End result: KALE CHIPS. 

I'm sure you've read about these a billion places, and for good reason: they're awesome. Have you made them? They're oh so crisp and a fantastic vessel for a little salt on a gray day, or to top off a vegetable soup.

What's your favorite comfort snack? 

1 comment:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Love kale chips! My favorite snack is snap peas. I also like cucumber with a splash of balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt. Mmmmm.