Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weighing In - 9/27/2012

Previous weight: 161.8
Today's weight:  160.4

This week's results: -1.4lbs!

Yay!

Let's investigate. Here is my Plan Manager/Tracker info from this last week:


You'll see that I used quite a bit of my extra points on Thursday. Remember this was TOM week, and Thursday was day 2. I work in a restaurant and I got a little grabby with various snacks. I had some baguette and some candied pecans. They really added up. I tracked every morsel though. 

Friday I had a similar slip. I've realized that this all starts when I stick my hand in the french fry bowl. We're a relatively upscale restaurant. We serve Bison Tartare and we make our own Steelhead Trout Gravlax. For the people in more of a hurry, we offer some gourmet sandwiches and keep the option of french fries for a side. We're located in the MSP International Airport, so we need to please the masses. Sometimes, I reach for a fry, but it's never one. I've since sworn off them and that's helped me not pick at anything else that isn't the box of snacks that I bring, or food I have to try for the day to be an informed server. 

Saturday I had a few drinks. 

Sunday I attended a family brunch to discuss Oro's progress in kindergarten. (Back story: Manpanion has a 5 year old son named Oro. He/We are very close with his mom and her partner. We spend a lot of time together as a family and keep each other very very informed of Oro's happenings.) Monica and Steph cooked for us, so I had no control over the options available. EXCEPT, we opted to bring fruit as a contribution. Fresh figs, fresh apples and some bananas. I filled half my plate with the fruit and took a slice of the baked french toast that was prepared for us. 

Monday I was very OP. I ended the day with 7 daily points remaining. I listened to my body. I just wasn't hungry because I'd been eating so much over the weekend. 

Tuesday was our family dinner.  One of Paul's sisters brought over some homemade garden salsa with corn and black beans and some Red Hot Blues, which are my favorite tortilla chips. I rewarded myself with a serving after looking up nutrition information and being sure I could spare the points. I did, after all, spend extra time at the gym on Tuesday. (I say this laughingly, as swapping food rewards for your workouts rarely results in great... results.)

Wednesday I was also very OP, snacking mostly on raw vegetables because they were what I wanted to be eating. I showed you the salad I threw together for dinner, and after that I snacked on faux crab chunks and figs while slaving over homework.


I made it to the gym 5 of these 7 days.

All in all, an amazingly successful TOM week!

I started this week with a workout where I earned 4 Activity Points and ran into my friend Steph (mentioned above). I gave them a sweaty hug and left for home, where I am now, ready to pounce on my post-workout breakfast.


This week I am going to focus on...
  • Eating more vegetables. I already eat quite a few, but I'm noticing I'll reach for fruit before a vegetable, and while the program says they're both free, I know that fruit has more sugar and calories than vegetables. If I'm just looking for a crunchy snack, I want to reach for snap pea pods before I grab an apple. And then maybe I'll have the apple too. 
  • Maintaining my workout schedule. I feel AMAZING when I am working out regularly. I sleep better, my mood is lifted and I'm also furthering my health goals. I love it. I WANT to be doing it, and I need to remember this when the gym feels like a burden. 
  • Tracking Everything. I have that wedding in Wisconsin this weekend. I've done some pre-planning, but I am armed with my WW Mobile App and I definitely want to track everything single bit of food or drink. 
How's your week shaping up? 


4 comments:

Missy said...

Great loss this week! I too find it so much easier to grab fruit than a veggie. Gotta be mindful of that...

Ann said...

Congrats on the loss, lady! :)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Similar loss for me this week. Go us! Peas and baby carrots tend to be my "go-to" snack...usually with a bit of turkey breast. I limit my fruit to berries for the most part, just because I noticed that if I eat too much fruit my cravings go through the roof.
Enjoy the weekend!

Katie said...

I just founds your blog through the WW message board. Super excited to follow along. I just became your 100th follower - do I win a prize? :]

Have a great weekend!