Thursday, October 27, 2011

coast.

I had to call my gym the other day to figure something out with my billing cycle. In doing that, I was surfing around in my online profile and membership information and noticed that I haven't been to the gym since August 4th.

That's a really long time.

I've been in school, I've been working, and I've been slightly active. I ride my bike (sometimes... not as often), I climb stairs, I walk to the market, and I go dancing with my manpanion, but I have gained back everything I lost during the couple of weeks when I was working hard.

I'm still at the weight that I've maintained for the last year.

I need to get to the gym.

What would you do if you only had 30 minutes to work out?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

lace up my sneakers and go for a run! outside my house!

JessiferSeabs said...

I'd run -- OR, if I wasn't feeling "in shape enough" to run, I'd do my killer treadmill routine - start at 4.0 MPH, walking, increase the incline .5% every 30 seconds until you max out (you will probably need to lower your MPH as your incline increases), hold it as long as you can at teh highest incline (for me it is 2.5 MPH at 15%), and then back it down 1% every minute.

It torches calories, and tones the bum and abs!

Tiffany said...

If you only have 30 min the best thing to do is a high intensity circuit. Lift heavy, do some sprints, mix it up. Plyo too. Mixture of strength and intense cardio will get you the most bang for your buck in a short period. Don't neglect strength!!

Heidi said...

i've started getting up and running 30 minutes every morning. it's colder and i hate waking up earlier, but i feel so awesome afterward. and it goes super fast.

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com