Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fat Day.

I'm having a "Fat Day." These days are few and far between for me these days, which is great. I haven't felt fat since I pretty much was "fat," however we're going to describe that.

For me it was being 5'2" and over 200lbs. That was "fat." I'm just a hair over 160 now and while I'd love to be closer to my goal weight (138) I usually think I look pretty fabulous. Or at least feel fabulous, and look like I can accomplish all the things I can. Like bench a billion pounds and run miles without stopping. Those are things I couldn't do when I was "fat."

I think I'm having a "fat day" because this sick is still hold on, though intermittently. I haven't been exercising for the past 2 weeks, save for Broomball and that trip to the gym. I feel lazy. I feel squishy. I feel totally unmotivated.

I'm going to change that however. Or at the very least, fight it. I've planned a trip to the gym for immediately after I complete my office hours today. I promised I'd put in 10 minutes of REALLY HARD EXERCISE and I can slack the other 20 minutes I've promised myself I'd do. 30 minutes, moderate and intense. I can break those 10 minutes up into 2 minute increments if I want, it just needs to add up to 10 huffing-puffing-wish-I-was-dead style working.

What do you do when you fall out of step?

6 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Im also having a fat day. My first fat day in months. To help me snap out of it I skipped out on my obligation so that I can go to a yoga class at 10.

Valerie said...

Yeah, an illness can really bring you down. I bet when you start working out again, though, you'll start feeling better faster. And those 10 minutes will probably feel like torture, but it will definitely be well worth it in the end. Just remember to stay well hydrated!

Ann said...

I usually change into my clothes right away and get my workout "out of the way" as soon as I can - right after work. I dont even let myself sit down!! That and tweeting about it.

Girly Girl: Losing the Gut said...

I agree with Ann. Sometimes I go straight from work to the gym because I know if I go home I will plop on the couch and not work out.

Drazil said...

Feel better soon hun...

dana said...

I did weight watchers. it worked, but It took FOREVER. last year, a month before my best friend's wedding I wanted to lose 11 Pounds, and my mom found this diet that works fast. I lost 10 Pounds in about 20 days, and it wasn't one of them creazy low carb diets or anything. they give you this menu that you need to follow, and it menipulates your hormones, and forces your body to burn fat. here's a realy cool website I found about this diet- some girl tried this diet, and she created a blog and reported every single day untill she reached her goal weight. check it out- this diet is easy to follow and I lost the weight fast and haven't gained it back since :)
Here's a link to this girl's blog:
http://how-to-lose-weight-fast-with-fatloss4idiots-reality.com/