Monday, January 10, 2011

Full Steam.

I recovered very well from that small binge day.

Just writing it out and reflecting on it really helped me put it into perspective of how far I have come over the past 4 years.

In "the old days" that binge would have included an entire box of cereal, ice cream, chocolate cake, and anything else I could get my hands on because, you know, I'd "already ruined everything."

You haven't ruined anything. This is a life-long journey. I try to remember that daily. Every single day is an opportunity to learn a new habit, or overcome an old one in some way. I feel like I handled that over-eating day pretty well.

Since then I have been completely on target with my daily PlusPoints allotment, or have used my Activity Points. I'm still very excited that we are able to change our preferences to allow for Activity Points to be used prior to the Weekly Points Allowance. I like to feel that I have to "earn" my extra treats.

When I was losing the most weight, the bulk of my weight, the Weight Watchers Program would draw first from Activity Points AND you were only allowed to use those activity points on the day they were earned.

That WORKED for me.

Now, with the new Weight Watchers Program I can make my Points Tracker act that way again!

I've also been back to the gym having *real* workouts like I used to. Weight lifting, running, stepmilling, sweating.

I am BACK. That means soon, there will be actual blog posts about actual topics that aren't 100% about me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm so exited for you!!! It sounds like you are doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!