Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so totally thankful today. For so much. But relevant to this blog, I stumbled upon this quote this morning, and I'm thankful for that too.

"I spent so many years and wasted so much energy agonizing over my “shameful” parts - my fat parts, my hairy parts, my pimply parts, my asymmetrical parts - that I had no resources left over to become a strong, happy, well-adjusted adult woman. When I finally began to embrace and praise all of my body parts, I suddenly had the time and energy to be passionate about other things; I began to blossom into the self-aware, confident human that American culture tries so desperately to prevent us from being."


Be thankful for you. That you have a body that moves, that works, that gives you life. That allows you to be present and hug your loved ones, regardless of it's size.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

No comments: