Sunday, October 24, 2010

Opportunities.

So, Jen over at priorfatgirl.com was holding digital auditions for a new member of the priorfatgirl family. Something sparked in me and I applied. I made it through to the second round.

I bet a lot of you applied to, and I wish you the best of luck.

The deadline for a blog post to show up on priorfatgirl.com was today, at 5pm. That's right now.

I literally had 20 minutes to write it.

I'm slightly disappointed with what I cranked out. I had to fit my whole weight loss journey into less than 800 words. I had to be convincing, because it will be voted on.

I wasn't funny.

I like to think I'm normally at least slightly humorous on this here blog. I try to entertain you. Share my humiliations. My triumphs. My struggles.

I told my story. I made promises. I was no nonsense, as per usual.

Something about this feels important. Like becoming a "formal" priorfatgirl makes it real. I am one. I lost the weight. I've gained some of it back, but I'm in control. I've always been the one in control. I think that's the biggest idea we bargain with. It's always someone or something else's fault. It's not, kids. It's us.

You have to believe in you.

You have to know that YOU are capable. (You are. Trust me.)

I'm capable. I'm going to do this. priorfatgirl or not.

No comments: