Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm not gonna lie.

Ok ladies, I missed you.

I've been treating life like a big vacation lately, and it's been amazing and fun and full of ridiculous, cheek-aching smiles. It has to get real again.

I visited the scale this AM and I'm up again. I haven't been to my Weight Watchers meeting in weeks (maybe over a month) and I haven't tracked a thing in just as long.

Today I'm starting over, but in that traditional "diet" way where I actually start tomorrow.

Today is about preparation. I'm meal planning, taking in to account scheduled social engagements, planned activity, and finding ways to fit more activity in around both of those things.

My plan to "get back on track" is to expand my exercise routine, which has really been lacking. All I've been making time for is my Saturday Step class and sometimes not even that. This afternoon I'm headed to the gym for my strength training routine, tomorrow I'm headed back to boxing class - unless an invitation sways me in which case I will go for a long run in the afternoon. It's all part of the plan.

I'm also committing to coming back here to blog at least 3 times this week. Blogging keeps me alert and accountable. Blogging keeps me connected to this community. Blogging, for me, is a spilling of secrets - it's easy for me to admit to you when I've made a mistake and virtually talk myself through the process of what to do next.

Anyone else in a stage of recommitment?

4 comments:

Jessitracker said...

After eating an entire half of a large veggie pizza from Dominoes for dinner last night and then weighing myself this morning to see a pretty big gain - I am also recommitting.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

I agree... regular blogging keeps you plugged into something bigger than yourself, makes the whole picture come into focus a little clearer.

Good luck regaining that mojo!

andreaberg said...

I totally agree with you. Today is my 1 year anniversary of joining weight watchers and I wanted to be done but for some reason - basically since November -I have been on "Vacation". Today I started over. I plan on finishing. And I started a blog a few weeks ago to help me keep track. Check it out: www.livingchangerously.blogspot.com

Lor said...

i've been living on cake, easter candy, ice cream, dinner rolls and potato salad. puh-LEASE road trip here and beat me with a big loaf of italian bread? [with butter?]