Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Committed.

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." -Wayne Dyer

That's really all I've got for you today. I'm trying to regain my mojo. I went to the doctor yesterday for relatively hilarious reasons, but had to be weighed with all my clothes on. I didn't bother to take my phone out of my pocket or my keys off my hip, but I sure wish I had.

159.

That's what the scale screamed at me. In my head, I want to make a million excuses about why it was so high. I mean, I had just eaten breakfast, and I was wearing heavy jeans and my phone weighs at least .8lbs, wah wah wah.

The fact of the matter is - I'm gaining.

I have been.

I've been slacking, I've been making excuses, I've been feeling sorry for myself.

It's so easy to fall into the trap of "Well everyone else can eat whatever they want!" It's not true. Those people probably naturally compensate for the gigantic basket of tater tots they share with their friends by eating less at their next meal, not more. Once I get on a crappy food roll, I'm flying at 100mph. Bring on the burgers.

So.

Today is a new day. Today started with a protein filled breakfast and has snacks planned at certain times. Today's lunch is heavy and dinner is light because I have an evening workout scheduled. The rest of the week has been planned around various social engagements. Snacks will be purchased to store in my various fashionable purses so that I won't be hitting up little trays of deliciousness.

I know exactly what I have to do. I can sit around and think about it, or I can just do it.

Guess what I'm choosing?

5 comments:

Boiling It Down said...

Gosh I totally relate to this. I happily took off around 25 lbs, and have been hanging out there ever since.

Sure, I'm happy to be in the "healthy" range, but I need to get recommitted to lose the last 20 and get to a weight that I feel really fantastic!

Exciting to keep reading up on your progress!

Lor said...

we can do this because this week, i'm choosing to do it, too! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT! <3

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin said...

I can totally relate. I've been struggling and gained a few pounds and really have tried to refocus, but I just can't get myself to want to count points!

Auntie Em said...

I can relate. I pretty easily lost 22 lbs through WW and then gained back 15 when life got in the way. At the end of the day, though, I just didn't make my health the priority. I am newly committed and hoping to shed those 15 lbs plus some!

Marta said...

Good choice!