Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whoa.

I made it over the 54 hour mark for being smoke-free. This is about the point where I start to get agitated, ridiculously. The third day. The day from hell. The day that really counts the most.

I'm trying not to let it get the best of me, but this round of Chantix is feeding me some of the crazy side effects. Last night (and the night before) I was having these crazy livid dreams. I woke up feeling like they were still happening and it took a good 3 minutes until I realized that no, I was in fact alone in my room.

WEIRD.

Also, in other non-awesome news, I look pregnant today. All that talk about maintaining my weight is out the door. I was holding strong at 152lbs for many many weeks and I weighed myself yesterday (as I've been doing pretty much every 2 days to stay on track) and I'm up to 156. Yikes.

Back to salads for lunch, I guess.

Today I'm going to Bikram Yoga with my friend "other Nicole" and we'll sweat out the stress. I'm hoping this will be the perfect time for a little detoxing from the smoking, and it will feel great to get some sweat working again. I've managed to have 3 good workouts so far this week, and this will be a nice active rest day.

How are your workouts going?

10 comments:

Holly L. said...

Hi Nic - Congratulations on your nonsmoking accomplishments! Vivid dreams freak me out as well... My workouts aren't really going anywhere... I don't remember when I was last at the gym. I have been hiking and out running but that's it. Perhaps I'll follow your example and push myself a little more on that one. Perhaps...

Lisa said...

Congrats on 54 hours on being smoke free!!! I quit smoking a long time ago too. the thrid and fourth days are the hardest, once you are past them it is smooth sailing (mostly!) YOU CAN DO IT!!

Rebecca said...

i swear, Sunday night I had such lofty goals and then both yesterday and today things outside of my control popped up and I didn't get in my early morning workout like planned.

i'm thinking with april going to be even busier I may try the 30 Day Shred. shoot i have at least a half hour to be able to do that!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin said...

Ohhh I really want to try Bikram! Workouts are going good for me... I have a 10 mile race next weekend, and I ran 10 this past weekend just to make sure. Crazy that I couldn't even run for 30 seconds this time last year!

Lor said...

chantix did the same thing for my mom and she had to stop taking it. she was having vivid violent dreams.. about people breaking in, storms, the house catching fire.. she'd wake up and think it was still happening. bad news bears!

but for sure, lady, CONGRATS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! you've GOT THIS!

Mary said...

Hey girl! I don't think we actually met at Jen PFG blogger meet up, but I wanted to! Congrats on being smoke free, sorry about the weirdness of the rest of your week, I am feeling a bit off too. I had a whole day where I just sat on the couch, but my workouts haven't been too bad, need to get up earlier! Take care!

Marta said...

Oh crap. I thought for sure all that bike riding would keep you in check, but the quitting smoking thing is phenomenal news. Baby steps and good choices, lady, because you got a lot on your plate right now. You're awesome, and you know it, so clap your hands and keep up the good work!

Glam said...

Congrats on making it to day three!!! It sucks, I know...

I love hot vinyasa (which is similar to Bikram) - I feel so rejuvenated after those classes. Not to mention hella sore!

Hopefully, you'll feel nice and detox-ed after the class.

Auntie Em said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog, but just wanted to let you know that I think it's great you are on Day 3! I can only imagine how difficult that must be, but I think you have the right attitude by sweating it out with yoga!

I live in the Midwest and the weather has been beautiful here this week, so I have been enjoying brisk walks of 2-3 miles outside. I'm hoping to build up my endurance over the summer, and blogs like yours inspire me to keep going! Thanks for sharing!

Missy said...

YAY for no smoking!! You're doing great.