Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh, hello.

Wow.

Life is distracting.

I've been trying to make goals here and there and find ways to let this new chapter of my life play into the goals I've had for years. One super easy motivator of dating as an adult is the very real idea that you'll be naked with someone you really don't know that well. That will get a girl to the gym.

I quit smoking again yesterday, so we'll see how that goes.

I've also committed to #30daysofbiking in April. If you're a twitter user, do a twitter search for #30daysofbiking or go to http://30daysofbiking.com/bike/ for more info. It's me and a couple of friends, which ended up turning into more than 100 people from all over. The premise is simply to ride your bike every day of April, regardless. Could be around the block, could be across the state, and then you tweet about it with the hashtag #30daysofbiking. I'm a contributor to the blog, so I'll be updating here and there with my adventures in addition to the tweeting.

Another motivator: one of the events planned (well, that I planned) for the 30daysofbikings is a SHORTSHORTSRIDE. Tiny tiny shorts. Why? Because it's hilarious.

Additionally, I've gathered a handful of ladies to run the Women Run The Cities 10 miler with me this year. Remember last year, that was the race I chose for my first 5k? We will be Team Jeff, in honor of Kassie's dog.

I've been having some ridiculous binges yet somehow have maintained my weight, probably because I'm back on my bike and riding more often. I've also been trying to get in walks with girlfriends as chat-time because I am broke and the sun has finally returned to MN.

I wish I felt like I had time to catch up on everyone's blogs. I am going to make a point to at least pick them up where they are.

If you feel like summarizing for me, please do!

Can you help me brainstorm some goals that might help me get back and stay back on track?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh nic... i love your honesty! about "One super easy motivator of dating as an adult is the very real idea that you'll be naked with someone you really don't know that well."

glad all is well, snippets on Twitter just don't do justice to a real post!

Marta said...

Yay! Glad you are doing well! I love the 30 days of riding, but I am twitter-challenged, so I'll just ride along in spirit.

I don't worry about getting naked because when you're in the throes of passion, nothing matters. That being said, I am not worried about you getting into great shape at all. Your lifestyle supports it. I admire your awesomeness! Yay!

Glam said...

Truth. the prospect of stranger nakedness paves the way to many-a-gym doors...

You're a rockstar though and know what works for you. Just gotta do it, right??

Auntie Em said...

I am a new reader, but I just wanted to let you know how much I admire you! :) I think your bike challenge is great! I find myself needing to switch up my exercise routine as well, or else I get stuck in a rut.