Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another Taste Test from the Goody Bag.

All of the ladies from the PriorFatGirl meet up have been working their way through their goodybags this week. I tried those delicious cookie bites, and today I thought I'd give the Funky Monkey freeze dried fruit a chance.


The flavor I took home was "Pink Pineapple" (pineapple and guava)
The package states it's 100% real fruit, fat free, with no sugar added.


It looked weird, like old pizza crust, but here goes...


hmmm...


Do not like.


What do I do?


Yuck.


Sorry Funky Monkey. Not a fan. I'd rather have an actual pineapple.

In their defense, my friend took home a bag of Cinnamon Banana flavored Funky Monkey and said they were good. That's a flavor I probably would have enjoyed in crunch form. This was way too sweet and just way too.. gross. They were so repulsive to me that I felt it necessary to put up such unflattering photos. JUST. NOT. IN. TO. IT. Eat real fruit, benefit from the water content.

12 comments:

Missy said...

Totally agree. My MangOj was disgusting. Maybe if it was just mango...but I'm guessing it'd still be way too sweet!

Lindsay, another priorfatgirl said...

I had the Pineapple lime... not my thing either!

I have banana left to try... we'll see. I'm skeptical.

bethsjourney said...

hahaha i love your picture trail of your response to tasting them.

Christina@Health Foodie said...

Hahaha your pictures made me laugh! Thanks!

I just found your blog since I saw your comment on another blog. Glad I found you. :)

- Christina

TJ said...

lol your face cracked me up in the pics! Guess I will skip those if I ever see them! lol

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

OMG - this post is HILARIOUS! And sadly, I have not heard one good thing about this monkey fruit stuff. Good thing they were free!

totegirl said...

Oh my goodness, that was the first belly laugh in a long time! Okay, so how do you really feel about them?

HAHAHA! Thanks buddy! I don't think I would have tried them, but I do like to know what's out there, just in case there's something really worth having!

Nicole @ Let Them Eat Lettuce said...

I've dried freeze dried bananas and strawberries before and they were good. But pineapple? I just can't see that tasting ok in freeze dried form...hence the reason you don't see pineapple flavored candy too often!

Meet Virginia said...

This post is GREAT! So so funny. Glad I know NOT to eat that stuff! :)

Amanda, another priorfatgirl said...

great. now i'm really excited to try mine ....

Angie @ Real Food, Real Faith said...

ok, has ANYONE liked the Funky Monkey snacks?! So far, I don't think so. I had the pineapple lime I think? And it was disgusting. So sweet it hurt my teeth!

takinitoff said...

omg - funny you hated them - i love, love, love, loved them! seriously! i went straight online to buy some and then found out they were $2 a bag! dang!! --adrienne