Sunday, February 21, 2010

Whoopsie Daisy.

In an effort to cram as much awesomeness into one day, I had a free hour to meet with one of my best friends for coffee to talk about something really important to her. Because of that, when I got home, I was too hungry to photo document my delicious dinner and simply made it, dished it up and fed my sister and I.

One of these days I will do a tutorial of something delicious. I'm not very good at following through with that lately. Thanks for sticking by me even though I'm unreliable.

I had a fantastically ON PLAN day. Something struck me yesterday in BitchCake's post. Something about "eating beyond taste." I tried to listen to myself today and decipher what I was really hungry for. I felt snacky around lunchtime but knew I wasn't actually hungry. With Bikram in the plans just an hour and a half from then, I decided to cut up a ton of fresh fruit and garnish it with vanilla yogurt and a dash of cinnamon. I FUELED myself instead of FED myself.

I want to try to live this way also. I'm not going vegan, and I can't wholly give up convenience food, but I at least want to eat what my body needs.

My goal for the rest of this week (through Wednesday) is to continue to hit my 8 Good Health Guidelines daily. That means drinking water, taking my vitamins, getting in correct servings of veggies, fruit, lean protein, dairy and whole grains as well as conducting some sort of physical activity and avoiding alcohol and sugar.

When I plan my meals around the GHGs, I'm rarely hungry and I'm generally full of energy.

Have you ever thought of "eating beyond taste?" Eating things to fuel your body rather than feed your cravings?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am really trying to focus on doing just that. Eating healthy for the way it makes me feel and avoiding the crap for precisely the same reason. Lifestyle change is what this is all about because if we don't make these changes for good the weight will just come back. Hope you have a great week!
(And now I think I'm going to go do some yoga, thank you very much for putting the thought in my head ☺)

totegirl said...

I've done that all day! I made the best choices possible, and it wasn't even hard. Some days, it just clicks so well! Except I'm rewarding myself with a beer. Baby steps! Plus I want sleep...

Keep it up chica!

antgirl said...

Good for you!

I plan my days around categories of food instead of calories: 1) fruits; 2) veggies; 3) protein; 4) dairy; 5) fat; and 6) whole grains.

I've found this easier for me and if I'm busy trying to get all that in, I have no time to be hungry.