Saturday, February 27, 2010

prior fat girl(s)

Well ladies of MN and those outside of the awesomeness that is MN, today was the priorfatgirl blogger meet up. Prior and Pre-Prior fat girls from the metro area gathering at the Beat Coffeehouse to mingle, reflect and share our weight loss journeys.

I took a bunch of pictures, so here's the tour.


Adorable fancy name tags. I officially felt like "a prior fat girl."


Acting crazy before coffee.


With my BFF Jessica


And we finally met LISA! (the broad broad)


I made sure to have my water handy next to my skim latte (and blackberry).


Jen, a prior fat girl, starts us off with a welcome!


Lindsey, another prior fat girl, shares a bit of her story



Amanda, another prior fat girl, gets some words in too.


And I attack Adrienne, my super fav MN blogger


And Jessica and I get in with our twitter pal Lisa!


Better pic of me and Adrienne!


Jen and the prior fat girls handed out index cards where we (privately) wrote our greatest fear in regards to our respective weight loss journey


We brought them to a table at the front of the room


And table by table we got up and we read them aloud, anonymously


My view from the front as I read. You can see Sarah from Sarah Gets Healthy


and Missy (in the blue) from The Ups and Downs of Losing Weight


There was even a raffle. We "earned" tickets for bringing our favorite recipe, as well as *working the room* with the other bloggers


The goods up for grabs


Jen, drawing tickets for the raffle and a cute shot of Sarah


When all was said and done, Jessica, Lisa and I took a 1/2 mile walk to Tatters for their 50% off sale. Lisa is from Wisconsin, so it only made sense to drag her shopping.


Lisa, a Minneapolis girl?

I had a great time. We left with goody bags, most of which I had to give away because of new Gluten Free lifestyle, but there were some (actually a FEW) items in there that I could eat. I shoved the rest in Jessica's bag so I wouldn't be tempted but I'll be sure to review the few gluten free items I grabbed in the next couple days.

Wish you had been there!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like an awesome time! What a great experience...

shamrock said...

That looks awesome! I wish I was there (except for the whole Minneapolis in winter thing). Also I thought I'd let you know I'm making a comeback to the blogger world. http://whatsdifferentthistime.blogspot.com ... if you're interested. :-)

Missy said...

Fun to meet you today!! It was a great get together - let's all do it again soon ;o)

Pink Panda said...

OMG, I should have went! /bummed. Fun times, eh?

takinitoff said...

awesome recap, woman! i am usually pretty good at documenting things, but you're awesome! so many great details!

great meeting you, can't wait to hang out again!

PS - funny you posted your full nametag because i had posted that pic of you on facebook and realized it had your last name, so i went in and blurred your last name and reposted...-Adrienne

Amanda, another priorfatgirl said...

ugh! why didn't i go to tatters afterward!?!?! i was too busy thinking i needed to sleep off my cough and phlegm, but come on, i could have handled some tatters. we should all get together soon. you seem fun :)

Sarah Howard said...

Great to meet you on Saturday! And thanks for the shout out :-) Sorry I missed the shopping excursion, I had plans at noon. Boo. Sounds like you ladies had fun though!

andreaberg said...

It was great meeting you on Saturday. I love your blog and am now following. If you would like to check mine out also: http://www.livingchangerously.blogspot.com/

I hope we can do it again. I wish we could have spent some more time getting to know each other.