Monday, February 15, 2010

Non Negotiable

When I was really successful, consistently losing weight, going above my daily points was not negotiable. Granted, the WW program at that time did not allow you to bank your Activity Points to be used at any time throughout the week. If you earned them on Tuesday, you used them on Tuesday or they were gone.

I'm trying to get back in to the mindset that not eating according to my meal plan is an option. When I have too many options, I get overwhelmed and go crazy.

Yesterday I threw away my delicious granola. Expensive granola. MMMmmm granola. But it's a trigger food for me, so away it goes.

I'm back on track today, feeling fantastic. I've already cancelled much of my social calendar for the week so that I can set myself up for success. I know if I can have just ONE good week to get my footing back and see a loss, I will be motivated again and stay motivated like I am now.

Here's what I've had so far today (all according to my meal plan)


coffee + 1/4 c Almond Breeze (.5) [with a side of Valentine]

1/4 c egg beaters (1) + TOMS (tomato, onion, mustard, spinach) (0) on Arnold Sandwich thin (1) + Strawberry FiberOne yogurt (.5) + Apple with cinnamon (1)

banana (2)

BAS [big ass salad] (0) + 3 oz turkey (2) + homemade vinaigrette (1)

light string cheese (1)

This evening I am meeting up with "other Nicole," my fitness buddy, for Circuit Training at our gym. This is one of my favorite classes, so it's sure to solidify the positive feelings I have about recommitting today.

Why does it always seem like Monday is the best day to start over?

3 comments:

Karen said...

"I know if I can have just ONE good week to get my footing back and see a loss, I will be motivated again and stay motivated like I am now."

Oh wow, this could have been written by me. I actually did post something very similar on my blog just a few hours ago. I'm crossing my fingers for both of us to get back on track this week!

antgirl said...

I hear ya on granola.

I try to stay within the same calorie range every day, whether I work out or not.

You'll get into it all again. I'm sure. :)

Karen said...

Nic, I used to blog at healthyandbella.com. Just so you know that's me. I am using my middle name for blogging now, instead of a nickname. :)