Friday, February 12, 2010

Let's Make A Deal.

I need accountability.

I have made that apparent in so many ways. I set myself up for many successes, and then I slink away at the first chance of failure... thus inviting that failure to take over the situation.

Accountability. Here's how I work it.

Joanna. A fellow Weight Watcher and friend. Together we have many systems in place to stay on track. For the last month we've been playing a game called "TRACK ATTACK." We divulged our WW e-tools sign in information to each other and at any given time we spy on what the other is doing. Are they tracking? Are they eating well? Do we have any suggestions? Mostly just celebrating the fact that we are, in fact, tracking.

Well lately, Joanna and I have been over-eating. I started it and she followed suit. This week we have a bet in place that however many points the other goes over their weekly target, that is how many dollars they owe the other person. I do NOT want to part with my precious money, so this is helping me stay the course.

The Firm. With accountability help from my friend "other Nicole" and the fact that Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN (my insurance company) reimburses me if I make it 12 times a month, I have many people supporting me to get to the gym. My investment in membership (which is ridiculously higher than my previous gym) is also a great source of accountability. It makes me WORK for that BCBS reimbursement each month. Also, I like "other Nicole" so much I don't want to let her down.

You Guys. Even though you support me through thick and thin (which feels great), I don't want to disappoint you either. I want to show you this CAN be done, that we're doing it... that I'm doing it. When you come here each day, read my blog and leave a comment, it inspires me to work harder. I don't want to spill my guts here for nothing. I want to be a success story and I need you all to see that.


And now... Photos. I have to go back to photographic evidence and accountability.

I'm going to play my favorite "get back on track" game: What I Planned vs What I ate. Here's today's plan:

Breakfast: Coffee + 1/4 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze (.5), Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal (2)

Snack: Small Banana (1.5), Kiwi (.5)

Lunch: BAS (big ass salad) + 3 oz Turkey (2) + 1 tsp Olive Oil (1) + 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (0)

Snack: Emerald Almond 100 Calorie pack (2) + Small Skim Latte (2)

Dinner: Root Vegetable Tagine over Cous Cous (4) + Mixed greens with Newman's Own Spray (0)

"Dessert:" Gin and Tonic x2 (6)

Total Points Planned: 21.5/22

I'll be divulging photographic evidence of whether or not I followed my plan, any improvisations, substitutions or just straight up mistakes. This is a weekend of highly social events. Tonight, I have been roped in to being the Bachelorette for a local version of The Dating Game: The Punk Rock Dating Game. I wrote a bunch of funny hipster-themed questions and I'm treating the whole thing more as an improv/theater class than an actual dating game. I was told I'd get prizes and drink for free, so I'm in to it.

(I'll have pictures of that too)


1 comment:

totegirl said...

"This week we have a bet in place that however many points the other goes over their weekly target, that is how many dollars they owe the other person." Wow, that is putting your money where your mouth is! Great idea!

I think you are doing pretty well, despite what you consider set backs, but then I need a gentle touch. You know what really helped me? Watch MizFit's video post about 10-10-10. That made a HUGE impact on me!

Good luck with your social events, you social butterfly, but also have tons o' fun!!!