Saturday, February 20, 2010

Efficient Kitchen.

I'm reorganizing my meal plan today. I have the cooking itch, so I'm going to prepare a few dishes and freeze the leftovers. This will be my first attempt at bulk cooking for one. However, today is turning into a ridiculous errand day.

Everything I want to do requires a new item. I don't have enough tupperware to freeze individual portions, so I'll need to stop at Target (but I have a coupon!). I also don't have a saucepan any bigger than the tiny one I use to reheat coffee and soup.

My gym clothes smell like armpits after today's ridiculous Step class, so I'll also need to stop off at the laundromat and wash all my darks - which is more than fine with me as I have a small stack of magazines I haven't had time to read.

However, since I'm doing so much cooking and packaging, I thought it might be a good opportunity to take some photographs and do some tutorials of some of my favorite dishes (that are totally family friendly and easy).

I'll post them this coming week.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

moonduster said...

I love the idea of making my food ahead and freezing it until I need it, but I have a really large family (7 kids), so bulk cooking isn't making ahead for me; it just feeds the family one meal. *sigh*

Fiona said...

I used to do that a lot - it is certainly convenient to just reheat!