Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Effective Now.

Hey there.

Remember me?

I remember you. We're going to get to know each other a little better here in the upcoming weeks. I've been MIA for a bit, but I'm back in full effect.

I made a little time to get my big butt (literally) to the gym this morning. I struggled through a solo workout and gave my lungs a chance to readjust to actual physical activity that does not involved carrying boxes up and down a very narrow set of stairs.

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for pics of my new place, so here we go.

The most important room in the house, to start.


Kitchen view from Living room. Look at all that space.


Organization corner. There's limited cupboard space so I had to finagle some extra storage thingees. Thanks to Jessica for the Bakers Rack which houses all of my kitchen gadgets!


My office [slash] emergency guest room. The futon is really more for the dog than anything else. He likes to curl up while I work.


The bathroom. Weird to take pictures of, but trying to give you the full view.


It's a nice space. The shower is amazing.


Bedroom.


Bedroom.


Bedroom.


Amazing closet.


Living room.


Full living room.


So that's that. This is where I live now. It's pretty cozy, but still feels weird. I'm happy to have everything set up and organized, but it still just doesn't feel like home. I'm continuing to have a positive attitude about the end of my relationship, but for the most part it's just very very sad. Justin and I are on day 2 of our 30 Days of No Contact project. It's hard, but the space will do us a lot of good.

In actual weight loss news: I am breaking the scale fast tomorrow night at my Weight Watchers meeting. Now ladies (and gents), I have been off plan for about 3 weeks, having spurts of not eating all day, or eating all day. Having cake for breakfast, forgetting what the gym looks like, etc. My emotional response to all the things going on manifested itself physically.

I'm ready to be back on track and that starts with weighing in and knowing where I am. I'm nervous, I won't lie. I know I'm up there, but I'm ready for the challenge. I started tracking again today, so I'm laying down the foundation once again.

I'm excited to start getting familiar with all of your blogs again. I have been completely ignoring this community. I'm a bad neighbor. I promise I'll make it up to you somehow.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a lovely place you have. It will start feeling like home soon enough. Hope the scale is kind to you. Here's to moving forward...

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

What a cozy place. And good to see you posting again...

totegirl said...

Nobody's expecting you to keep up with blogs AND move, silly! Your place is bad-ass. Hope the scale is not too much of a jerk.

antgirl said...

Looks like a great place, a place to feel safe and let yourself heal. Whatever the scale says, let it go ... You're going to be fine. :)

Glad your settled. I lost weight when we moved. Maybe you didn't do as bad as you think.

Glam said...

welcome back! love the new space & what you've done with it. look great!

Good luck at the weigh in. the most important thing is that you're back & making choices that are right for you!

Anonymous said...

...Cheers to new beginnings. Congrats on the new place - hope the feeling of home comes quickly. I recently had a 30 day no contact project of my own...I'm on day 41 and going strong. In my particular case as sad as it may me - it was the only emotionally healthy thing to do. I didn't know how I would get through day 1 and here I am 41 days later.

Good to see you back again!

Heidi said...

Glad you're all moved in. It looks like you have a cozy place to call your own.

I'm anxious to see how your weigh-in goes tonight. Good luck!

I have been in a bit of a food rut lately. I'm getting sick of the same foods I buy every week at the grocery store. What do you do to mix it up? Maybe you could post a sample grocery list?

Lor said...

nic, i love it! your place is SO SO CUTE! SO SO cute! the 30 day thing is good. while painful, you're getting somewhere. a dead end street is a good place to turn around! i always think of that when i'm really hurting.

i always freak with gains when i quit following for a while, and i never do as bad as i think. good luck, and let us know how it goes! chin up, love! :) **hugs**!!