Friday, February 5, 2010

Dog Tired.


Jack doesn't fit very well on my new couch, but he still tries. He enjoys a good couch.

I have been working tirelessly to tire him out. Going from being in a couple who owns a dog and has a fenced yard to being a single person on the 3rd floor of a no-fence (currently) building is quite the transition. In the last 2 weeks, Jack has visited the off-leash dog park 5 times, been to Downtown Dogs 3 times, and been on nearly 30 walks.

We're both exhausted.

Things will settle down soon. Jack is already starting to get the hint that we live here now. He makes himself comfortable (see above) and just bums around the house like he always had. I'm still adjusting to having to get bundled up and use the leash every time he needs to go to the bathroom. It will be nice, come spring, when the fence in the backyard here is repaired and I can default to just letting him out there in the morning and evening. It's definitely not fun to do the 10pm or 11pm walk when all I really want to do is sleep.

I'm going to start using DailyMile again, I am curious how far I've walked in the last week, even though they're not long ones, they're frequent. Every little bit counts.

EXTRA BONUS: Taking the stairs multiple times per day for the last 2 weeks is already doing wonders for the shape of my butt. I'm totally not kidding. Take the stairs everywhere, ladies. Always. Your husbands will thank you.

If you change your outlook switch to positive, how are the "annoying little things" you have to do each day actually benefiting you?


4 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Trying to tire a dog out can definitely be hard! Them little guys have so much energy!

I totally agree on the stairs! I take them everywhere!

totegirl said...

"If you change your outlook switch to positive, how are the "annoying little things" you have to do each day actually benefiting you?"

That's probably the most important question I've been asked in a long time. What a powerfully positive way to reframe. Every challenge is an opportunity in disguise, isn't it! Of course, I don't have an answer right now, but it's good to have the question in the forefront of my mind. Thanks buddy!

Rapunzel said...

Wow, great question! Now that it's tax season and I'm (temporarily) working more hours, I have to plan my breakfast/lunch/dinner the night before instead of just throwing things together when I'm hungry. This is helping me journal and stay on track, annoying as it can be sometimes. Also, being at work doesn't allow for those afternoon munch sessions at home! *blush*

antgirl said...

Jack looks very comfy.

Pilates is also butt magic.

The most essential spin on perspective I did was learning to see 'healthy' eating as an indulgence. It worked. Oddly, it worked.