Thursday, February 11, 2010

Click Click Boom.

Something clicked for me last night.

Somewhere between my Weight Watchers meeting and eating butter soaked scallops with my favorite eating buddy, I wised up.

Betty, a fellow member of my meeting, received her 25lb medal. This is months, maybe years in the making. Betty is a wise lady. Her motto is "I can suck at this, but I can't quit."

Last night, during celebrations and the receipt of her medal, Diane (our fearless leader) shared that she noticed when something "clicked" inside Betty. The moment she realized "Hey, it would be a lot more fun to come in here and celebrate losses every week than to grieve a gain."

I want that to be me.

I've been doing this for over 2 years, and for the past half of that time frame I've been slacking off. I've become an expert in maintaining the same 5 pound weight range and that, to me, says I've learned. I've figured it out. I know how to eat to remain now.

The factor is that I'm not finished. I haven't finished what I set out to do, and as a semi-accomplished person (or I'd like to think so) this means a lot to me.

Betty wasn't the only one getting her 25lb medal last night. There were many celebrations. 10% goals reached, 5lb stars handed out left and right. I found myself rubbing my 10% keychain with 25lb and 50lb medals attached and realizing that I honestly can't remember the last time one of those celebrations was for me.

Well, soon, my friends.

I'm back in the game.

It was all confirmed by Jack Sh*t's post this morning when he asks "Why not?"

And so today I planned my meals, and I planned tomorrow's meals, and I thought up strategies for the crazy social obligations I have this weekend that mostly revolve around desserts and alcohol. I'm comfortable saying no. I'm comfortable with the fact that I resolve to see this goal through, and no temporary fun is going to get in the way. There is plenty of fun to be had at the finish line (within reason of course. We all know this journey never really ends.).

Will you join me today? Quit the tomfoolery and really buckle down? We're in this together.

13 comments:

Madame Cur said...

I love your new resolve!

She woke up FAT said...

Good post, great motivation.
I decided to knock off the tomfoolery when I admitted that I was going to have to exercise... for real. Not just 20 minutes here and there.

The food isn't the hardest part for me, it's the exercise.

Looking forward to your new Resolve!

Shelli Ryan said...

I noticed you were following my blog and I'm so glad I came over here. I'm so guilty of this too! I say I want to lose weight and exercise yet I continue to repeat my same bad habits! I look forward to reading about your journey!

Rebecca said...

thats exactly how i've felt all week!

two weeks have gone by and I'm still not back at 151 yet. no more excuses! I should be able to reach my goal before summer if I pull through for a few more weeks!

Jambam said...

Amen sista! I am right there with you! We are going to reach goal. I know it's going to happen.

totegirl said...

Hell yes I'll join you! I know how to eat, even if I have to eat restaurant food. Enough excuses. Really, desserts and all that crap are just okay. They are not worth feeling "semi-accomplished," which is a great phrase by the way! I want to reach my goal, and I am so dang close. What gives! Let's do the damn thang!

Rapunzel said...

I'm right there with you!

Lor said...

i'm with ya, sister! **high five**

Tiffany said...

I'm in! Enough of this sh*t :P I wanna celebrate and say that I made it to goal, not keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. We can do this.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Wow, this sent chills down my spine.

But can you walk the walk? I guess we'll see soon enough...

antgirl said...

Ahh, the click. It inspires me the way you are always so determined. :) You go!

Melissa said...

I love those moments when something clicks and you really decide to make a change. I am trying to dig deep for my own motivation to get down to my goal, so I look forward to reading about your progress. Good luck!

100in12 said...

hi nic! i've been feeling this way too, just cutting the shit and getting back into things. it's not gonna be perfect but i'm gonna be as anti-tomfoolery as possible!