Tuesday, January 26, 2010

VQCI. (Very Quick Check In)

Hey beautiful bloggers!

Just doing a quick check in to let you know that the move went well. My new place is currently titled "Box City" and I'm running in to some speed bumps because I was allowed to move early. I currently don't have a fridge (but borrowed a miniature dorm sized one from a friend) or a working tub drain.

I'll be going back and forth between the "old house" and the "new place" for the next week or so just trying to get everything in order. I'll be unpacking for the rest of my life.

I'm also hideously embarrassed about the amount of clothing I own now. I literally got rid of an entire car full, and still filled an SUV with under-the-bed bags and garment bags and tubs of clothes. Sheesh. Sounds like maybe I should have a the-last-twenty clothing shop operating out of my closet!

It's amazing how much stuff you can acquire when you have a lot of room, or are willing to find the room. It's essentially like gaining weight. You want it, you'll make room for it. I want that delicious pistachio cannolli I enjoyed with a friend over lunch yesterday, so I had it, and my body will surely make room for it.

Probably on my ass.

I have made a solemn vow to my best workout buddy that I will be back in FULL EFFECT as of the first of the month. I know, I know. Why wait? Honestly, because I'm drained. Physically because of the move yesterday, and emotionally because I am giving up a very long term relationship, a lot of love and a lot of dependence. It's tough, I'm eating too much some days and eating too little most days. I have no idea where I am on the scale but that scale fast is over on the 2nd and I'll have to fess up. My guess is I'm firmly (and possibly very high) back in to the 150s. And you know what? That's just where I am right now.

It's been a weird, trying and crazy last couple of months. My jeans still fit, which means no matter how far gone I've gotten, I ate least haven't expanded to fill my own zip code again.

I'm excited to see where February will take me. I'll be the only person in control over my life.

A lot of healthy habits to form and re-form. Cooking, walking the dog excessively, working out, relaxing, being productive and enjoying my own company.

I'm terrified and excited all at once.

5 comments:

totegirl said...

You are right where you are. It's smart not to stress about it. I'm there for you 100% in spirit and via e-mail. :)

Rebecca said...

Ive been thinking about you and had on planned DMing you today had you not posted!

Glad all is well, sorta!

Look forward to you posting again regurarly!

Jambam said...

Look at you getting rid of all that stuff. Good for you! Nesting in a new place is a process and it sounds like you are off to a great start.

antgirl said...

Wish you the best on settling in.

We moved two years ago. It is an incentive to get rid of stuff. Now I try to go through my closet every 6 months.

Good to hear from you!

Glam said...

We'll be here when you get back! You sound like you're in a good place mentally. You know what to focus on right now & what to let slide until you're ready.

Can't wait to hear about the new digs!