Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, Smaller Rear.

Welcome to 2010.

Happy New Year, folks. I rang it in at 6:00am this morning when I woke up, because I was fast asleep in my bed well before midnight. I'm not big on heavy drinking and screaming at midnight.

I'm already taking strides to complete my resolutions. I didn't reach my goal for the No Mo' Potato Challenge, but that's ok. I have accepted the fact that I put way too much on my plate (literally and figuratively) for the month of December what with quitting smoking in November and the holidays [and cookies] to follow.

You might notice on my sidebar to the right that the Monthly Fitness Goals link has changed to my year in goals: 2011 Countdown. All of my New Year's resolutions are there, ready to be tracked, and some already have. I fully intend to add to this list as my interests and goals grow, but I think it's a great starting point.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm ringing in the new year heavier than I was at last year's welcoming ceremony. Though I haven't "officially" weighed in at a heavier weight, I have been stepping on the scale every few days so I'm aware of where I am. Accepting of where I am now. That's just from the scale's perception. I achieved a lot of great feats in the fitness realm, and I'm incredibly proud of where 2009 took me. I pushed myself and I've grown immensely for it. But... I've already sworn in blood that 2010 will see me making my ultimate weight goal of 138 pounds and every (other) resolution I've made is a step toward that, whether it's weight loss related or not. 2010 will allow me to re-prioritize. Get back to putting myself first, remembering how great that feels, and how much I can accomplish when I feel whole.

I'm headed in to the gym. The Firm is only open from 8:00am to 1:00pm today, which I suppose I should be thankful for. What I lost in features at the Y (pool, indoor track) I gained in open hours on Holidays. Luckily too, most people at the Firm look like they'd be in to NYE partying, and I highly doubt it will be too busy. *fingers crossed*

How do you plan to follow through on your resolutions? Are you a tracker? Will you do a monthly review? How can we also resolve to stay on top of these resolutions?

5 comments:

moonduster said...

I'm so ready for 2010 now! Only 10 pounds left to reach my target weight, so I know I'll get there soon! :)

Setting up new goals on other things as we speak. :)

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year Nic!

Rapunzel said...

I'm not doing official resolutions this year but I have definite goals for myself. I, too, am heavier than last year's weigh in and am determined not to have the same experience in 2011.

Norwego said...

Sigh.... I used to be a member at The Firm. How I miss that gym! The classes were SO good. I used to be intimidated until I realized that all the guys in there are more concerned with checking each other out, and themselves in the mirror.

Bella said...

Happy New Year!
I am confident that I will be reaching my goal weight this year. I am doing Weight Watchers, and I keep blogging about my weigh-ins every week. No new resolutions for me just for 2010, I'll just keep working on the things I was already working on last year.