Monday, January 4, 2010

Help Me (Help You)

Something I've been thinking about quite a bit lately is YOU. Or, you guys (or gals) rather, and what I can do with this blog that might actually serve a purpose other than a self-indulgent dumping ground.

You see, I've been through it all. I've been the big girl trying to lose 75 pounds. I've been the small girl trying to lose 5 pounds. I've been the slightly chubby girl trying to lose 15 pounds. Every stage of weight loss, I've been there. And "being there" means you know what works, and obviously what doesn't work or you wouldn't have "been there" so many times.

How can I take my experience at the top and the bottom of the weight charts and snowball it into something helpful? From the daunting task of "the big picture" weight loss to the stress and struggle of someone with less to lose?

What are you looking for from me?

5 comments:

Doug said...

Probably depends on who you want to help.

Right now I could use a big slice of motivation, smothered with some willpower, and sprinkled with some guilt.

Seems like a lot of people are going through trying to find their rhythm again after the holidays.

imreadytobareitall said...

Honestly, I just like knowing that someone else may be dealing with similar things to me or might just have an idea that I've never thought about. :) You already do that!

Thank you for the complements on my blog post from yesterday and the pics I posted. I don't have much to lose, but my real goal is to tone up and be strong. Specifically I'd like to beat other girls in arm wrestling.

antgirl said...

Reading your persistence and struggles is good. I know I'm not alone then. :) I hear ya on that last 20 / 10. Its a bugger.

totegirl said...

What I look to you for are anecdotes, pictures, and recipes. I have a very big need to identify with others, so I tend to look for others who are near the same place on the journey. Hope that helps!

takinitoff said...

i like knowing that you deal with the same struggles as i do. i also think that you're one of the most motivating people that read my blog because you're like 1 or 2 people that actually comment and motivate me. so, thanks for that!!

keep talking about all the new workouts you're doing. i love that! and i will be coming to the gym with you when i don't have to work 12 hour days! :) --adrienne