Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eats and Feats.

Wondering how my aerial class went?


These are the "fabrics." These "fabrics" were not my strong suit as I'm not exactly what one might describe as graceful.


The trapeze, however, required less grace and more strength - absolutely where I fit. I got up there all by myself, much to the surprise of my spotter, who wasn't paying attention when I just went for. Hey, I signed a waiver. I wanted to fully take my life into my own hands.


A little bit of "Look Ma, no hands!"


In the middle of a bend, I eventually learned how to tilt my pelvis and engage my core so I became a straight line balancing the weight of my entire body purely on my core muscles.


The beginning of "The Mermaid."


The ending of "The Mermaid."


Figuring out the best way to dismount.


..and down. And done.

I have to say that was a total blast. There ended up being quite a few people I knew in the workshop because I invited a bunch of people on Facebook. Who doesn't like cool, new and FREE in the New Year? Probably everyone who didn't come.

I am going to keep indulging this. I didn't feel like I had enough time to decide if I truly liked it or not, and I feel I didn't give the fabrics a fair try. I'm going back on a Saturday for a full class with instructions and all.

On to the the EATS! (just to prove how well I'm doing)


morning coffee + morning glass of water

banana mash + 2/3 tbsp Naturally More peanut butter

which was mixed in to my oats and sprinkled with cinnamon

turkey sandwich with mixed greens, tomato, onion and mustard + 1/2 apple + carrot chips with 2 tbsp spicy three pepper hummus

and of course, more water

lunch dessert: juice spritzer

almonds + walnuts pre-workshop snack

super delicious Tomato and Pepper Lasagna

with a side salad

Staying on track today felt effortless, which was really important because it was a "rest" day for me. I knew the aerial workshop would not provide a true workout, so it was more of an active rest day, but a rest day nonetheless. Typically, my rest days are full of the desire to eat. Eat eat eat. It's all I think about all day, no matter how busy I am. I feel like old habits are starting to form again and I'm out of maintenance/gaining mode and full on into loss mode.

So, today I swung from a trapeze. What new adventure are you going to take on this year?



6 comments:

takinitoff said...

that class looks soo cool! good for you! love the new challenges! --Adrienne

Kassie said...

That looks awesome. I used to do cool stuff on monkey bars as a kid. This like that, but for adults.

Tiffany said...

How fun! I think it's important to try new and interesting things. Your eating today was fab too! Yay :) Here's to a great week for all of us.

Amanda said...

WOWWWWWWEEE!!! Aweosme job!!! And all your food choices are awesome, and INSPIRING!

totegirl said...

AWESOME! Dude, I am so jealous, and I usually do not get jealous! That's bad ass that you're going to try it again. You rock!

I am not sure what new adventure I am going to try this year. I think spinning. Yeah, that's about as adventurous as I think I'll get this year, but DAMN, I hope I'm wrong! Yay!

imreadytobareitall said...

Love it!