Friday, December 25, 2009

Xcitement! Xmas!

Merry Christmas, my friends!

It's been nearly a week away from blogging (and really dieting of any sort). I'm back safely from Arizona. I had a lovely vacation, but have just gotten back and then thrown into the "spirit of the season." In an effort to be more interesting in the week to come, here is just a brief rundown of what I've been up to.


My home computer died on Thursday, pretty much during the most important project ever. In order to TRTMYSLF I decided to join the Mac(ult) and get a hassle free computer. Hello MacBook Pro (and goodbye 2009 savings).


Then I flew to Arizona on Saturday morning and climbed some mountains.


...and drank too much.


and climbed some more.


then got caught in a highly unfair winter blizzard on terrifying mountain highways with no guardrails.



but arrived home safely to celebrate Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family.


just the Weiler kids building a snowman.


and there were cookies, of which I ate too much.


and inappropriate cookies as well.

Each year for my Mom's side of Christmas celebrating, we forgo shopping for gifts and collaborate on a cash donation to one of many Women's programs in the Twin Cities. This year, we donated to Kateri House, a program at my organization who lost a lot of funding this year. Between all of us, despite our situations, we were able to scrounge together $500 to give to the women specifically to shop for gifts for their children. It is fun for me to see, since I work there, the impact that can make.

Instead, we draw names and have to hand make a present for that person. This year, my name was drawn by my brother-in-law, Todd. The handiest man on the planet. I can't even tell you how excited I was, Todd gives the best gifts. And he did not fail this year either...



YES! No more ugly college kid furniture on our porch. Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm highly embarrassed of my front porch and the miss-matched furniture. Obviously not embarrassed enough to go buy new stuff, but embarrassed enough to complain about it all the time. I actually cried when these were unveiled. My BIL rules.


Today we're headed to my Dad's house for Christmas fun, and then tomorrow to Justin's parents house for more Christmas fun.

In weight loss news, there is none. I did not count a thing in the last week, though if I had to guess I'm about 938492830948 points over my target. I did hop on the scale this morning and it appears I'm up about 5lbs from last week, but travel and salty food yesterday could be skewing that. Either way, it is what it is. I wouldn't take back a think I ate or drank on vacation and I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to get back on track. Though not today, because it's Christmas.

Do not follow my example. Stay on track for Christmas if you want to. I don't.

My first day back in the gym will be Saturday and I can not wait. I feel so lost without structured exercise, even though I hiked about 60 miles this last week into elevations as high as 10,000 feet.

How was your week? Give me the highlights, there is NO way I can catch up on blogs.

No comments: