Thursday, December 10, 2009

Love and Loss.

Good morning!

I'm very happy to report some wonderful news from my Weight Watcher's meeting last night... a .2lb loss!

I'm sure some of you are like "Uhh... .2? Seriously? I could sneeze that out."

Well guess what nay-sayers... I can't. And it was hard for a giant number of reasons and that is why I am so proud of my adorable .2lb loss.

The scale is headed in the right direction again. I feel totally in control yet totally relaxed. It's so easy to forget how SATISFYING such small amounts can be (well.. normal amounts really) when you plan well and eat real food.

Speaking of which, I need some new REALLY fast meal ideas that are tasty and creative. What have you got for me?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

your doing fabulous Nic!

I don't know who would be nay-sayin!

fast meals... I have a crock pot recipe but I've never seen you mention one so I am assuming you dont have one.

I could some myself though!

She woke up FAT said...

Fabulous attitude! Keep it up.

DO you want lunch, dinner or breakfast ideas?

nic said...

I have a crock pot!

Meals for all! I especially love breakfast food for dinner so bring on the eggy stuff.

totegirl said...

My favorite recipes right now:
Pumpkin Chili
http://rawandcorerecipes.blogspot.com/2006/10/pumpkin-chili.html

Beef Vegetable Soup:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion (chopped or diced)
2+ cloves garlic (crushed)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 small can diced tomatoes
1 pouch soup mix (I had onion & mushroom) or whatever seasoning you want
water or broth

Brown the ground beef; drain off fat. Add chopped onion and garlic; cook until soft-ish. Add veggies, can of tomatoes, soup mix or seasonings, and enough water or broth to make it as soupy as you want. Boil, then simmer until heated through.

Because I had it, I stirred in about a cup of ribbon-cut spinach and a sliced and partially-deseeded jalapeno after it was done cooking.

Tofu Veggie Scrambler (or use eggs!)
http://rawandcorerecipes.blogspot.com/2007/02/vegetable-tofu-scrambler.html

totegirl said...

It bears repeating: You are a badass!

Meet Virginia said...

I have to say that I think point 2 pounds is awesome. The reason is simple... There is a (-) in front of it instead of a (+)!

Oh, and I love to use the McCormick seasoning packs. They have chili, spaghetti, tacos...SO many and they are very easy and quick. Our favorite is the fajitas. The only time involved in that one is in cutting the chicken, onion, and bell pepper.

takinitoff said...

congrats on the loss!!! :) --Adrienne